Saturday, February 23, 2008

An Apoloy Letter

[Written on Nov. 15, 2007 A.D., Eve of LOA Initiation, at my battered apartment on Guadalupe, Austin, TX, Edited on Feb 23, 2008, same place]

Dear Lady,

I sincerely apologize, on behave of men of our doing in the disrespectful things that are done throughout time and are occurring, and those that might occur. I know I cannot possibly be at fault or even begin to say sorry for all the wrongs in the world, and at the risk of sounding conceit for taking up these sorrow, but my heart is in pain when I hear of these wrongs and wishes to do or say something to sooth the pain. After conversing with you, I discovered that something that I and no doubt many other men have done in the name of any numbers of excuses disregarded your dignity and beauty.

All I can say is the fact that I admire very much of your beauty: the way you speak; the way you move; the way you are able to point out your delicate heart; and the form that God has made you. All my life, I've sought after you -- wanting to become close to you -- in mind and in proximity! I could imagine that many men are in the same sort of mind frame that I am in. I ask that you forgive us for the deplorable things that we've done. And in contemplation of such said things may we men come to grasp with our weakness and nature. I pray that I will learn in time to not only avoid but also speak up in my place as a fellow human being against such crimes of the soul.

My apology stems from the fact that I did not do, as my believe in truth and moral dictates, but rather encouraged the actions thereof to the violation of your beauty and existence. I could not sleep well knowing that I have tolerated such action, and even myself partook in some. The thought troubles me so and it grieves me to not have recognized this and promptly stop it as part of my duty as a fellow human being and Children of God.

Again I pray that God will forgive me and my brethren for committing such high crimes against your beauty and dignity. I pray for your forgiveness and intercession that friendship and understanding may grow henceforth and that my resolve to chastity and respect of dignity and beauty will not dwindle but rather grow ever fervent.

To Holiness and to Love...with most sincere apology,

TMH
Nov. 15, 2007 A.D.

No comments: