Saturday, October 07, 2006

One. Two. Three.

Well, this is not the first time I've created a blog. And this is not my first blog with blogspot. My first blog sunk into the abyss after I started using xanga. And well, that was a good experience. I do have one tibit about people talking about stuff on my blog posts. I don't usually like to discuss them over the phone or in person, when the question is simply a repeat of what I wrote. I write for thought and therefore I love discussion, but I guess I was just overwhelmed by the amount of non-discussion discussion -- ever get the kind of conversation just for the sake of conversation? -- well, I didn't quite like it. Well, so this is a re-establishment of my online journaling presense, where I will be able to freely express myself again, without being limited to what I can write and what stuff I need to leave out so that I don't get an cross-ocean call at midnight or wee hours of the morning about what I posted in my blog. :-)

On a second note, this blog site is a recreation of an old website that I dedicated to the unnamed blessings that I had a chance to sit down and think over, and perhaps something I felt like worth sharing or even discussing with the general public. This journal is intended to be a travel log of my journey of faith in finding some sense and direction in this life. The main difference between this blog and the ones that I've had in the past will be marked by its lack of photographs and minute details and short updates. As an engineering student, writing is a luxury. And communicating my thoughts, musings, and being is something that I often do not have time to do with labs piling up on and under my desk(s). Well, back to differences, I wish this blog to be thoughtful, inspirational, truthful (to the best of what the situation allows for, not that I would purposefully lie, more like ommission ;-)), and maybe a bit of day-dreaming. Overall, I want this blog to be a thinking and talking blog -- more like where I can open up myself -- and let my essence come out and walk about.

Well, and finally, on a minute note, like I mentioned before (wow, 3 prepositional phrases in one time, can I do that?), writing is a rarity amongst us engineers (and asian male not counting). I once wrote a paper (actual paper) about the reason why I write. In summary of that paper, I write because I regret that many parts of my life I simply recorded in my mind (subject to this thing call "forgetting") and many lessons that I learned I could not remember. I'm talking about the lessons of life of course, stuff I learned in living life in general. But I also want to write for the sake of literature and linguistics -- if you can call what I write "literature" at all -- that is. Well, maybe I'll actually post that paper I wrote one day, but for today, this will do.

Late night it is, sleep must I get!

---
Next Article: Remembering Lepanto (1571)

No comments: