Friday, March 14, 2008

Five Years Later...

[I wrote this out of whim, after reading my poem from five years ago about Love]

Dear Lord if it please you, I pray,
To you my heart pours, all that I am, and that I want.

Words of good Francis I pray,
To give as to be given,
To love as to be loved,
And to die so as to rise to Life Eternal.

And in song I sing, to not want for You are my Shepherd.
And You alone knows all that I am, and all that I need.
My Love would be meaningless without Your Cross,
Through which Your Graces and Mercies flow...
And Joyful it be the Father's Will, Your Obedience, and of Mary's Fiat.

There is this woman that I love,
Of her beauty -- only thanks and praise to You oh Lord,
But of her virtue and grace -- dear Lord, again praise and thanks,
And all these with her fervent and flaming heart, for You Lord, -- Thrice the praise!
Though not the same way we shall tred, to You,
Be our only end -- to praise and to thank.

And what about Love? Meh, You have shown us the way
To Love, the Way of the Cross;
And this, Your Love, is infinite, forever, Father, Spirit, and Son!
It hurts, in my heart, to even think of this Love, the Love of Your Holy Cross.
The Nails and the Crown, and the Corpus Charitus -- all Your Love!

So when you created Man and Woman, this You meant,
Man for Woman in his body and in his blood;
And Woman for Man compassion and grace;
And the for such love to be born a babe as the third:
Just like Father, Spirit, and Son.

It seems to me, my Blessed Lord, Beauty and Love is so hard to find,
But the words of Francis bounce back out, "To Love as to be loved".
And may it be my principle and action from hence and forth,
'Til the time that I shall lay rest in Your Bosom Divine
To bring forth Love for Love's sake
And to receive Love with thanksgiving of Your Grace.

And I ask You to take my tears and my pain,
The aches in my chest, and the burnings of my heart,
All my anxieties, and all my fears;
Take them, O Lord, to Your Cross, and may they be
Hammered and Nailed, to die
And reborn with You in Spirit and in Strength for the New Day to come.

Five Years have I journeyed this road to find Love,
Many times I have strayed
From Your Divine Nag. Sorry My Lord.
For Years Later I might add, I am still looking for Love
Though my years of journey you have taught me much.
To love as to be loved...
And to live with hope and faith -- when on that Day of Trumpet Blast --
I shall finally see Your Face and my fight be no more.

Dear Lord I pray still, for a dear companion on the journey,
To whom I may share the joys and the agonies...
Dear Lord I pray that this journey You may bless
With Wisdom and Grace -- to discern and to follow --
That Your Will be Done Still.


Still Five more years later -- I pray that I will still be in Love.


To Mary my Mother Blest in Heaven, and siblings in Christ, a prayer please say for me of my struggles and my pain, and a prayer of thanksgiving sing for me, in my triumph and in my joy.

And all these my mundane prayer be to You, my dear Lord. My Good Lord. To God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, and the Son.

Amen with Love.

No comments: